MAST is a risk management and security company. We offer personal and dedicated support to our clients who range from private individuals to large multinational companies and governments.
MAST is seeking an Operations Assistant to join their Operations Department based in Bishops Stortford. You must have a strong logistical background and the ability to self-manage workload to meet deadlines and goals with excellent time management. You must be a team player with a high degree of self-motivation and rigorous attention to detail.
You will need to be an excellent communicator with good people management skills, and an ability to deliver quality services to clients. You will need excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills with the ability to analyse on-going situations.
- Ensuring operational records and systems, such as the Resource Management System (RMS), are accurately maintained
- Keeping all Maritime Security Operative’s (MSO) HR documentation updated for all nationalities. Including the maintenance of personnel folders, spread sheets, contracts, and the HR email folder
- Researching and booking visas and shuttles for MSO movements
- Maintaining Privately Contracted Armed Security Personnel (PCASP) records and administrating flag state applications when required
- Updating ship’s folders daily with the latest sitreps/documentation received
- Assisting with team/equipment allocations to future transits
- Collating transit documents into the relevant ship’s folder once teams/equipment have been allocated
- Setting up each transit by sending out all required transit documentation
- Understanding individual customer requirements in order to compose appropriate proposals as per the client’s request
- Drafting contracts as required by the client
- Invoicing tasks in a timely fashion and in accordance with set KPIs
- Ensuring customer satisfaction during and after the transit as well as drive repeat business
- Performing ad-hoc project work and completing any other task commensurate with the role
- Out of hours duties are required and expected after a probationary period and once established
- Assisting in other tasks as requested to support operations
Essential Experience & Skills:
- Must have strong Microsoft Excel skills and an ability to quickly grasp new software skills. Previous experience in data manipulation would be desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have excellent organisational skills and a methodical attention to detail.
- Must have excellent verbal and numerical and financial modelling skills.
- An excellent problem solver who can manage and oversee more than one task at a time.
- Salary: £20-£22K depending on experience
- Hours: 37.5 hours per week (flexi) and 25 days holiday per year
To apply please send a covering letter and CV/resume to [email protected]