MAST is a risk management and security company. We offer personal and dedicated support to our clients who range from private individuals to large multinational companies and governments.
MAST is looking for an experienced Assistant Accountant to join their team at Bishop’s Stortford on a permanent basis.
You will be responsible for delivering accurate and reliable financial information in all aspects of Finance. Supporting the Finance Department and management team with preparing budgets, maintaining reports completing and other accounting tasks.
The successful candidate will have to be CIMA/ACCA qualified or working towards acquiring the qualification. You will have in-depth knowledge in Financial and Management accounting and can communicate effectively outside of finance. You will need to have strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Must be strong in Excel and be prepared to roll up their sleeves and assist where needed.
- Preparing financial documents such as invoices, bills, and accounts payable and receivable
- Assist with Budgets, Management Reports and Weekly Trading Reports
- Timely preparation of internal and external month-end reports following accounts finalisation – including analysis and commentary.
- Managing company ledgers.
- Credit control, chasing debts, prepare and analyse sales data
- Assist with accounts payables processes, including invoice input
- Reporting on debtors and creditors and cashflow analysis
- Preparing, processing and managing bi-weekly hourly payroll
- Posting of daily bank receipts and complete bank reconciliations
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist with statutory reporting, annual audit and other ongoing finance projects across different functions.
- Ad hoc reports for department managers, FD and the Board
Essential Experience & Skills:
- Based within the finance department of a small and friendly office, the successful applicant must have advance knowledge of MS-Excel and MS-Office. Experience in book-keeping and Sage 200 is desirable.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and methodical attention to detail
- Confident and strong communicator who is comfortable in approaching all stakeholders
- Team player and relationship builder
- Salary: £25k -£28k depending on experience
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
To apply please send a covering letter and CV/resume to [email protected]